1/16/14

Day 16: How Would You Spend Your Last Day on Earth


Today's blog challenge asks, "if today were your last day on earth, how would you spend you're remaining time?" This question really kind of puts the world into perspective. I feel like every day I spend my time on Twitter, texting, watching TV, shopping, or doing other recreational tasks. If the world were to end, is that how I would want to spend my last day? Is that what is really important? It really got me to thinking about the important things in life. I probably wouldn't be doing any of those things if it were my last day on earth. I think I would turn my phone off, not spend any money, and not even turn on my TV. 

I would spend my time with my family and friends. I would right any wrongs that I weighed on my mind. I would try to get rid of any regrets. I can honestly say that I would try to do one more interview since I love it so much. I would be sure that although my time on earth was ending, I would be leaving a mark that could never be erased. 

After I thought about that, I then thought "well...shouldn't I be living life like this every day?" I mean, it's a little unrealistic for me to turn my phone off and not watch TV at all, but I should be using every day to my advantage. Every day is another chance to leave my mark. Live every day like it's your last, because the truth is we never know when it's all going to be over. Don't spend your time harboring regrets. Leave your mark.
-Jay P-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very insightful and wise for your age