12/31/13

2013 Reflection: Happy 2014 !


It's hard to believe that it's already 2014. It literally feels like just yesterday I was sitting here writing my post reflecting on 2013. Time really doesn't stop for anyone. Be sure to follow your heart every day, and take every opportunity you can because before you know it, another year has already gone by.

2013 was certainly an interesting year for me. I learned a lot. Primarily, I learned that no matter what happens, life goes on. People will come in and out of your life, but you cannot let that stop you. I also learned that at some point in your life you have to stop living for everyone else, and start living for yourself. For me, that point was 2013. I definitely got into a ton of arguments with friends and family about how I was living my life, but I know that I'm doing the best I can. I know that I'm doing what I need to do right now. 

I also learned that I am capable of much more than I thought, and that this is just the beginning for me. In 2013 I really stepped out of my comfort zone. I stopped doing email interviews, and started doing Skype, or in-person interviews. I also covered so many more events. All of those little events paid off when I was able to attend FOX's American Country Awards in Las Vegas. 

This year, 2013, has truly been something special. Through the countless ups and downs, I learned that I am truly blessed, and that no matter how many times I fall, my family, friends, and my faith will always be there to pick me right back up. 2013 taught me that I will make it, and prepared me to take over 2014. Everyone says "new year, new me," but I don't necessarily believe in that statement. I don't want to be "new" this year. I'm proud of the person I've become. Instead, I'm going to use 2014 to show everyone else who that person is. 2014 better be ready because I know I sure am.

I wish you all a blessed and Happy New Year!
-Jay P-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Dylan left that slut in 2013

Jade said...

Happy New Year! This is your year

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see what u do next

Anonymous said...

you accomplished so much. you should be proud.