8/26/13

2013 MTV Video Music Awards


Last night tons of celebrities gathered together in Brooklyn for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. I'm not going to do a whole recap, but I'm going to blog just a few thoughts below.

Overall, I enjoyed the show, which is rare for me. I haven't really enjoyed an awards show in a while. It started off slow, but towards the end everything came together. I'll definitely do my best to be in attendance next year. My favorite performance was definitely Justin Timberlake's.


Honestly, all the performers should've been taking notes because Justin Timberlake really owned the show. In my opinion, he saved the show and made it something special. He proved that he's still got it, and that he's a force to be reckoned with in this industry. He also brought out the rest of 'N SYNC for a very nostalgic reunion. You could hear 90's fan girls screaming across the world. JT is truly one of a kind, and after last night there is no denying his talent.


Umm...I don't really know what to say. Miley's performance was just plain trashy. I see no clear direction for her career, nor do I understand her as a whole. I mean the dancing was tasteless, whatever, but if you're going to be that trashy at least sound good. Miley sounded pitchy the entire performance. Her voice irritated me more than her dancing to be honest.


Lastly, I want to say congratulations to Austin Mahone on his VMA win last night! I've been following Austin's career for a while now. I actually featured him as my YouTube Artist of the Month in July, 2011. I love seeing artists I feature doing big things. Keep it up!
-Jay P-

2 comments:

Jade said...

Justin was incredible I cried when Nsync came outi had them on my hitclips

Anonymous said...

agreee 100%