3/4/13

Never Jaded: March Blog Challenge; Faith, or Religion.


While I'm constantly reading blogs, there aren't many that I actually check out daily. One blog that I love is Never Jaded! I've been a fan of her blog since she first started, and she's become one of my blogging friends (haha yes, those do exist)! Anyway, she has recently started a blog challenge and I am going to attempt to take part in it! I know I'm starting late, but I'll do my best to complete the rest of the challenge. Today's challenge is; Faith, or Religion.

Well, I went to a catholic school starting at Pre-K, and continued going to a catholic school until the day I graduated from high school! I was baptized in a Methodist church when I was a baby, and then converted to Catholicism when I was about 12-years-old. I wasn't a frequent church goer, but I did partake in the sacraments. I would say I went to church probably once a month during school because they made us. I did this throughout high school. 

Even though I was a Catholic, I didn't really identify myself with the faith. In the summer, Dylan introduced me to a Christian Community Church in my neighborhood, and I began attending with him. I still attend from time to time, but my thoughts on religion are still the same. 

I believe it is important to have a relationship with God, regardless of what you believe in. Why can't my God be the same as your God? What if the one God that we all believe in, just takes different forms to get His point across to different groups of people? I have a relationship with God, and I know that He is always listening, but my personal belief is that faith is more important than religion. Faith is something that we feel. When religion fails, faith is still present because it is our faith in God that really creates our relationship with Him; not our understanding of structured religion. 

I guess, it boils down to this; I do not strive to be a good "Christian," I strive to be a good person!
-Jay P-

2 comments:

Tisha Jade said...

Thanks to being the first to participate. :) I definitely agree with "When religion fails, faith is still present because it is our faith in God that really creates our relationship with Him; not our understanding of structured religion. "


With love,
Tisha Jade of NeverJaded

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way actually. I just want to be good and help people not really belong to one religion.