3/9/13

Day 08/09 - A Moment You Felt Most Satisfied With Your Life


So today's challenge is supposed to be the meaning behind my tattoos, but since I don't have tattoos, and skipped yesterday, I'll just post yesterday's challenge! 

This is one of the harder ones for me. I have to write about a moment when I felt most satisfied with my life. I've been very blessed and there really are so many moments when I thought to myself, "Wow, what did I do to deserve all of these blessings." 

Even though I've accomplished so much, the one thing that really stood out in my mind was my experience at the 2010 Warped Tour. That's when everything started to take off I think. I remember when I got my invite to Warped Tour, I immediately called my friend and told her that we were going. We couldn't believe it. We were literally freaking out. We went to the venue, and I was a complete newbie! I didn't know where to go, or what to do, but I think that's what I needed. I wasn't taught the "correct way" to do something...I was literally thrown into something at the age of 16. 

I remember my first interview was with Sum 41. They were one of the biggest bands on the tour, and they just also happened to be my first in-person interview. I walked into the room and I'm pretty sure I was shaking. They could tell I was new at this. I even asked someone who wasn't in the band to introduce himself. I definitely made my fair share of mistakes, but at the end of the interview they told me that even though they knew I was new at this, they thought I did a great job. It was really reassuring to hear that. 

My next interview as with A Rocket to the Moon. I interviewed them, and afterwards they said to me; "Thanks for the interview. This was probably one of the best ones we did today." That really changed me. It helped me believe in myself. Everyone in the world can believe in you, but if you don't believe in yourself, you're going to have a hard time getting to where you want to be. After that, I was so happy. I completed all my interviews, and felt like I was on top of the world. I talked to the head of PR for the tour in the press room and thanked her for the opportunity. She asked me how it went and I told her that I was nervous. Before, I could finish my story she said, "That's not what I asked. I know this is your first time doing press, but I was impressed with your website. I knew you could do this. That's why you're here." I just smiled, and thanked her once again.

The next day, my friend and I went walking around our town, and just talked about our experience. I remember us just thinking about the future and what was coming next. That's when I realized I loved what I was doing. That's when I learned to believe in myself. Everything that I have accomplished stems from this moment, because if I didn't believe in myself, I wouldn't be able to do everything that I do. I want to thank the Warped Tour for welcoming to the press team in 2010. They really changed my life.
-Jay P-

*If you want to take the Never Jaded blog challenge click HERE*


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is really coool. I didn't know that you went to warped tour. I have to go watch your interviews from then.

Anonymous said...

That was so long ago. I remember when you first got into it you were so happy. Congratulations! Are you going this year?

Anonymous said...

go back this year!