3/14/13

Camryn Interview


Hey guys! I just had the chance to interview the incredibly talented singer, Camryn! She's currently on Tour with One Direction, but what you may not know, is that she's been doing the "tour thing" for quite a while now! Check out our interview below.

 Hi Camryn! Thank you so much for speaking with me today. First, can you please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself?
"Hey John, no problem! And to everyone reading this, my name is Camryn and I'm originally from Denver, CO but currently I am touring across Europe as the support act for One Direction on their Take Me Home Tour. My new single 'Now or Never' was debuted when I toured with One Direction last year on their Up All Night Tour, and is now available on iTunes!"

When did you start to get into music? Who were your biggest influences?
"Honestly I've been singing ever since I could talk. When i entered my first talent show it just clicked and I knew that this was what I wanted to do. I was still a bit young then, so I've taken the years in between to better myself and ready myself for what life on the road may have in store."

You toured with One Direction when you were only 12-years-old. Tell us a little bit about that. What was your reaction when you found out that they wanted you to join them again for this tour?
"It was terrifying. I notice most of the fans are usually anywhere from 15-23, so it's scary to think you're performing for people way older than you and who can be more judging when it comes to things. They are there to see their favorite boy band, and you're a girl on that boy bands tour. They automatically hate you. But I just like to go out and have fun and that's what matters and hopefully it will win the crowd over! And when I found out I was touring again I had the same disbelief as before. Totally screamed and had a fangirl moment. But it's awesome. And I'm glad they liked me enough to have me back along for the ride."

In addition to touring with 1D, you've also toured with Cody Simpson and Olly Murs! You've been on the road quite a lot for being so young. What's your favorite part of touring? Your least favorite?
"I honestly have very few things I dislike about touring. The only thing would be those rare moments when you have to wake up at 3 or 5am to be on a morning show across town at 6am. But I love the traveling, meeting new fans and friends, and singing so much that things like that don't really bother me."

What's that one thing that you need to have with you on your, at all times?
"Definitely my phone. I'm an instagram addict so I'm always snapping pictures."

What can your fans expect from you in 2013?
"There is a lot of new music coming your way and very soon. So if you catch me on the road in Europe you'll get to hear some of it before anyone else. And when I say a lot of new music.. i mean A LOT!"

What's an interesting fact about you that many people may not know?
"I am terrified of airplanes! Flying back from Asia our airplane was struck by lightning and the power went out on board and we dropped a bit in air. I was so scared I was screaming! Long distance flights and pretty much any turbulence just haven't been the same since."

If you could do anything outside of music, what would you pick, and why?
"This is always a tough one because I can't see myself not singing. But if I did have to choose something right now I'm going with lawyer."

@SarahFeltes1 would like to know if you ever see yourself headlining your very own arena tour?
"That would be my dream to headline my own tour AND to sell out Madison Square Garden in NYC one day. Working hard to make it happen!"

@pink_angell wants to know, who was the first person to realize that you had a talent for singing?
"Definitely my mom. She always had me calling relatives to sing for them and always had me perform during the holidays."

@1DirectionDivas asks, "Would you ever come back to Glasgow?"
"I would love to. Scotland is so beautiful. Would love to play my own show at the SECC Arena one day!"

@IWantANarryHug wants to know, who would you want to meet the most?
"Definitely Beyonce. She is a huge inspiration to me and I would love to meet her and thank her for everything she has done, and how much it has helped me along the way."

That was the last question! I want to thank you again for taking the time to do the interview. Do you have any last thoughts or comments for your fans?
"No problem John! I would want fans to know everywhere that I love tweeting. So if they ever have a question they can always send it to me and I do my best to reply to everyone! www.twitter.com/CamrynRocks"

-Jay P-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw she seems so sweet. I saw her live!

Jade said...

I love her!

Emily45 said...

OMG she is SO pretty and super talented. i hope she has a really long career but i know she will

Anonymous said...

Love Camryn!

Anonymous said...

great interview jay :)