2/11/13

Grammy's 2013 Fashion Hits !

The 55th annual Grammys, AKA the biggest night in Music happened and the stir was all about the dress code that CBS sent out before the event. I would just describe it to you, but it's pretty funny if you just read it:

CBS Program Practices advises that all talent appearing on camera please adhere to Network policy concerning wardrobe.
Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered. Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic. Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could  possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible "puffy" bare skin exposure. Please avoid commercial identification of actual brand name products on T-shirts. Foreign language on wardrobe will need to be cleared. OBSCENITY OR PARTIALLY SEEN OBSCENITY ON WARDROBE IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR BROADCAST. This as well, pertains to audience members that appear on camera. Finally, The Network requests that any organised cause visibly spelled out on talent's wardrobe be avoided. This would include lapel pins or any other form of accessory.

So basically everyone had to revert back to looking appropriate and I must say... I liked it. Lots of classic looks, but of course, I am only going to feature my top 5.
Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford. I love the whole classic look and new sound! Best performance of the night as well! I also like this new slicked hair, it wasn't popular on the twitterverse but I can dig it.
Kelly Roland might be breaking the Dress Code with the sheer panels but she looks AMAZING.
Katy Perry also broke the rules! But she looks great, every show I had something negative to say about what she was wearing but this time all I can say is that she looks FAB.
Adam from Maroon 5 looks great in all black. I know all white was also a trend but this look just looks so tailored, I'm obsessed.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better RiRi brought back the long hair and a simple but sexy dress, she looks great! Best dressed nominee for sure.
-Malibu Mara-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back MalibuMara :) Rihanna is my favorite

Jade said...

I'm surprised Carrie Underwood didn't make the list

NavyRih said...

Rihanna is perfect. THAT DRESS IS EVERYTHING

Anonymous said...

Lovee Rihanna. She is beautiful

Anonymous said...

I am really happy you two are back at it together again

Fashionnxoxogurl said...

Great picks!!