11/20/12

Big Chocolate Interview


I recently got the chance to interview Seattle based music producer, Big Chocolate. He recently released his album Red Headed Locc and is now preparing to release The Red EP on December, 4th. I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak of the EP and if you like Electronic Dance Music you do not want to miss this! Every song was so good and I'm almost positive they will become some of your favorites. Your hard work paid off! You have a great EP on your hands here. Check out my interview with the man behind the music below.


Thank you for speaking with Jay Swag Entertainment News! First, can you please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself?
“OF COURSE!. My mom named me Cameron. I grew up in the reno/tahoe area. I now live in seattle where I live out my days drowning myself in coffee. I turned 22 last August.”

What made you want to get into the electronic dance music genre? What sets you apart from other artists like yourself?
“The electronic platform is just a more accepting and bigger way of making music. I can combine anything I want into a song. I'm able to have a live guitar riffin' away, chop up some cool vocal samples, and make it all knock with a solid sub bass hitting you in the stomach. Using a computer to create music is hands down the best way to create whatever you would want to hear. I guess I think what sets me apart is, I rarely put similar tracks out. All of my releases will be very different from each other.”

Where did you come up with the name "Big Chocolate?"
“It was initially a joke to not be taken serious… Then stuff got serious and I'm stuck with it. haha! I think it suits as long as people know what I'm about… Although i've had some pretty interesting situations happen because of the super misleading name.”

Tell us a little bit about your experience performing at the Warped Tour? Is it something you would be interested in doing again? 
“WT was my very first full tour experience. Craziness everyday. Totally taught me how to be a performer and helped develop me as an artist drastically. Yeah, I'd do again for sure.”

I've listened to The Red EP and I was very impressed. I liked every song on there! What's your favorite song on the EP? Which one means the most to you?
“Thanks! I experimented a lot on my last album, and this EP has a lot of "run off" ideas I was having towards the end of making that album. The EP is defiantly more based (than the album) in the sense that it is a lot easier to grasp. I like Karp Fish just because I think it's one of the more stand out -ish tracks. Smotha is pretty groovy too.”

If you could work with any artist out there who would you pick and why?
“Sting, I think we would vibe well and create some cool out of the box music.”

What's that one song that you can't get out of your head at the moment?
“imogen heap - canvas. Beautiful song.”

Are you working on any projects that you can tell us about? What's next for Big Chocolate?
“Aside from the RED EP, I've just started working on some sort of future release. Have about 3 half tracks done for it. Super different type of stuff. I'd say it sounds like liquid dnb meets hip hop meets like… 2000's style electronica/indie stuff. Sounds odd, but will make sense when I start release some of it. That and a bunch of shows coming up @ bigchocolate.us

What's an interesting fact about you that many people may not know?
 “Super picky eater.

That was the last question! I want to thank you for taking the time to speak with me. Do you have any last thoughts or comments for your fans? 
“As always my fans are my fam.”


-Jay P-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great interview :)

Anonymous said...

never heard of him but i'll have to check out his music