9/3/12

Jessica Sanchez Debuts Fairy Tale


I just heard Jessica Sanchez's new single Fairy Tale and I had to share it with you all. Let me open up by saying that I am probably one of Jess' biggest supporters. I wholeheartedly believe that Jessica Sanchez is the greatest singer in the world right now, and is one of the best singers of all time. That being said, I'm not a fan of the song. Here's why;

I know that Jess is only 17, and so her songs have to reflect her age, but this song has absolutely no soul to it. How can you give one of the most soulful singers ever, a song with no flavor whatsoever. The song doesn't she any type of vocal ability, nor does it demonstrate her range. Also, one of my biggest problems is the fact that there's little to no vibrato. Jess' vibrato is perfect and that's definitely her trademark in my book. I don't want to sound like I'm hating because that's not the case. I just hope that Jess can follow her heart, and not do what everyone else is doing. She has what it takes to be remembered as a legend. She can sing power songs like Whitney and Mariah. I really hope her whole album isn't like this.

At the beginning of this video you can hear a little bit of her singing How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore by Prince. Now that's the type of stuff she should be singing! Are you a fan of Fairy Tale?
-Jay P- 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

agreed. :( sad to hear that this is one of her songs

BluJayGirl said...

i really dont like the song either

Jade said...

she can certianly do better. I like her cover though

Anonymous said...

its okay. its something that karmin would sing though

Anonymous said...

you never talk about nicole and dan anymore. what happened?