9/3/12

Goodbye Summer 2012 !


(Photo credit: Dylan Bernard) 

Well it's almost officially the end of my Summer vacation. I can't believe that I'm writing this post already. It seems like only yesterday that I sat on my high school's football field, on a Thursday evening, and received my diploma. Now, I'm sitting here, getting ready to begin college tomorrow. So much has happened for me this Summer and I want to share my experiences with you guys. Throughout this post I'll be discussing a bunch of different things, and sharing pictures from the past few months. I hope you guys enjoy!


(Dylan and I goofing around)

For the most part, as I'm sure most of you already know, I spent my Summer hanging out, and working with Dylan Bernard. Almost all of you already know who Dylan is, but for my newer readers, Dylan is my best friend, and the first artist that I signed to manage. Here's a little bit of our back story. Dylan and I became friends thanks to one of our mutual friends, who thought it would be a good idea for us to get to know each other. We became pretty close right away. Unfortunately, we did have a falling out. Most of you know this already, some of you have even used this against us. In all honesty, I probably shouldn't have told you about the falling out a few years ago, but when I did, I never thought it would come as far as it did. This is the final time I will address this (yes, I've said that before, but this time I'm being serious). I want to apologize for publicizing our fight. That being said, whether you want to believe it or not, we are still best friends. This Summer we've both grown and matured into better versions of our selves. Our work ethics have improved so much, and we are now on the right path. We want to thank you guys so much for your support, and we hope that you will stick with us as we embark on this crazy journey together!

(lol how annoying do I look in this picture?)

(Saying goodbye to Katie Jo)

This Summer has also taught me a lot about who my real friends are. Looking back, I've realized that my once large circle of friends, has become an extremely small dot. To be honest though, I prefer it that way. It was hard because most of my friends moved away to college this year. I had to say goodbye to some of my closest friends like Katie Jo(pictured above), and Kathy(pictured below). I've known them both for so long and watching them leave for college wasn't exactly my favorite thing to do. That being said, I know that they are going to both go on to do some amazing things. If any of my friends that have left for college are reading this, I want you guys to know that I'm wishing you all the best, and I know that you will be successful with whatever it is you wish to do. Thanks for being there for me guys!

 (Dylan, Kathy, and I hanging out at my house!)

(We look like mannequins! Dylan, Jenna, & Myself) 

Another great thing that happened for Dylan and I this Summer was getting to know Jenna Sousa! She's an amazing singer who I interviewed, and now we are both lucky enough to call her a friend. The above picture was taken when we went to visit Jenna in Rhode Island. We had such an awesome time hanging out and exploring...well I don't know if you can call it exploring since it is the smallest state in the country. Make sure you guys follow her on Twitter @Songlover6.

(The three of us on a mall adventure)

(Dylan & I on a youth group trip to Sea Isle)

I'm looking back on this post and I'm realizing that there is just way too much to talk about! This post barely scratches the surface of my Summer, but I hope you guys enjoyed this little glimpse into my life. Tomorrow is a big day for me! I'm moving on to the next chapter of my life and starting my first day of college. I'll be completely honest with you guys, I'm a little nervous, but I know that it's going to be a big stepping stone for me. Well, that pretty much sums it all up. Thank you for all your support. I'm excited to see what the future holds, and I'm glad that I can bring you all along with me!

*A message from Dylan* 
Hey guys! So this summer has been a lot fun, but also a lot of hard work. Starting off at about 8,000 views on YouTube at the start of this summer and ending with 14,240 views is pretty awesome. But, I wouldn't have been able to get this far without not only my manager who happens to be my best friend, but you guys, the fans! Just a quick throw out, for those who don't already, you can follow me on Twitter @DTBMuzic and on Keek @dylantbernardmusic! Other than that I had an amazing summer vacation. New York City, Rhode Island, Philadelphia! Definitely the most I've traveled during the summer! But, I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the support and love I get from you guys! It means the world to me. Make sure you guys stay tuned on my YouTube channel (youtube.com/dylantbernard) for some more covers and updates as to what I'm doing! I love you guys! #SWAGNATION 
-Jay P-


11 comments:

Jade said...

<3 I loved this so much. You guys have been through a lot but the fact that you are still friends proves that you were put in each other's lives for a reason. Don't ever forget that. Relationships are always tested. You're falling out doesn't mean anything at this point. If anything it probably made you guys closer, and made your bond stronger. Don't listen to the haters. You are both super talented, and the fact that you support each other is amazing. I love you guys. And Jay, good luck in college! Don't be nervous.

Anonymous said...

Great picture by Dylan. Hahah I loved all the photos. I was loling so hard at some of them. I'm happy you both enjoyed your summer. #BROMANCE lol

Anonymous said...

U don't have to explain urself to anyone. That falling out happened for a reason. Who cares what others think. U both are amazing. Love u both. And congrats to Dylan on his current success.

Danielle said...

lol the picture of you jenna and dylan is so funny. i love all of you.

Morgaaaaanxoxo39 said...

Just discovered your blog and checked out you and your friend Dylan. your blog is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. !!! so many interviews and stuff. its really cool and inspiring to me :) Dylan is great at what he does too. u guys are very lucky to be friends and to have each others support. I'm a new fan

Anonymous said...

love yaaaaaaa whats the hardest part about being a blogger and being famous?

Anonymous said...

Love your website :) Keep it up Jay! You and Dylan make THE best team.

Bernation said...

whens the next cover coming /jayswag tv episode

Anonymous said...

aw bromance to the fullest. love you both so much. dont stop posting and doing stuff just because of school!

Lauren Miller said...

promise me that youll not end your friendship again. i love you guys too much and i would hate to see that happen. im looking forward to watch both of your careers grow

Anonymous said...

love you guys. i dont know about the falling out but please dont let it happen again lol you guys are too great together. you make the best team ever. #bromance