6/1/12

Meet The Artist: Baker




Check out Baker! This New York native is making big moves. His style and sound is unique and he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. Be sure to follow him on Twitter @BakerMusic. Also, if you live in the New York area you may be interested in his upcoming show: Saturday, June 16 at Pianos (158 Ludlow St. New York, New York) at 7:00pm. Check out our interview below.

First, can you please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself?
“I'm BAKER and I'm a singer/songwriter from New York and now living in Los Angeles.”

Your song "Echo" is very catchy and has a different feel to it. What was your inspiration behind the song?
“I had just started dating someone and there were a lot of games being played. It was frustrating and yet, I couldn't wait to see her again. It's that moment when you know you've lost control of the situation and you're in for a ride.”

Where did you come up with your unique sound, and how would you describe it to someone who hasn't listened to your music?
“I'd say that my sound has a variety of influences but is rooted most in pop: classic structures and melodies layered in heavy synths and drum machines.”

If you could work with any artist in the world who would you pick and why?
“I would work with Nero because their music is both transcendent and introspective at the same time. Really amazing stuff.”

I heard you performed at the famous SXSW. What was that like?
“It was a blast! I knew going in that I wasn't like the other acts performing there but the crowds were so open to hearing new music and it made the experience really special.”

What can you tell us about your album? What should your fans expect?
“It will be what I want an album to be: epic bangers, big soaring ballads and everything in between. I think even though there will be different influences throughout, the energy and lyrics and feeling will be there to fit everything together.”

That was the last question. I want to thank you for taking the time to speak with Jay Swag Entertainment News. Do you have any last thoughts or comments?
“And thank you very much! All I can say is that I will be releasing new material starting next month and if you like Echo, just wait...”

-Jay P-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that song!

Casey said...

love the interview <3 it's been a while since you did one

Michele Rene said...

Wish i could see him in new york. i hope he gooes on tour soon

Anonymous said...

Luv this guy. really cannot wait for new music

Anonymous said...

ever since i read this ive had echo on repeat hahahaaha

John.Panichella said...

I'm glad you guys liked the interview!