6/12/12

Drew Ryniewicz Interview



I don't usually fan out over interviews, but I must say when I found out I was interviewing Drew fom X Factor I was pretty excited! She was one of my favorite contestants on the show and from the first time she sang I knew that I just had to interview her! Check out our conversation below.


Hi Drew! Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with Jay Swag Entertainment News. First, can you please introduce yourself and just tell us a little bit about yourself?
 "I'm Drew, I come from a small town with a big heart!  Some say I'm a bit of a weirdo, and I say love who you are; you're YOU for a reason.  Singing is my love."

When did you start singing? At what age did you realize you wanted to pursue music as a career?
 "I started singing when I was 7, I sang in my schools talent shows, and some musical theater, I even did a classical music competition.  Then I entered into a few local competitions that took the crowd by surprise. Although I am not a competitive person by nature, these competitions revealed that singing on stage is where I loves to be.  After being a part of The XFactor was when I really wanted to pursue music as a career."

When you started to take singing seriously were your friend supportive?
 "My friends and family have always been very supportive, they always showed up at the shows and competitions I performed in, even traveling to LA for The XFactor."

I love your voice! It's so unique and I could listen to it all day. How would you describe your sound to a new listener? Who are your biggest musical influences?
 "Thanks! I'd describe my sound as organic/acoustic/raw country pop. I know its a mouthful, but I really like to keep my music real and down to earth.  I have many musical influences, to pick one would not be fair, my list is long but to name a few: Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift, Jessie J, Jack Johnson and many many more."

When you auditioned for the X Factor were you nervous to sing Justin Bieber's song in front of L.A. Reid, or were you confident that your version would be different enough?
 "What's funny is that I didn't really even process that I was singing a Justin Bieber song for LA Reid, until, I think it was a camera man, came up to me and whispered that to me like 5 minutes before I went on stage. At that point I was freaking out, I wanted to change my song choice, because I knew they'd either hate it or love it, but there was not gonna be an in between.  And it was a success!"

Tell us a little bit about your experience on X Factor? What was your favorite performance? What was it like to sing with Justin Bieber?
 "I had such a blast on The XFactor, I made friends for life, friends who share the same passion as me. I have gained a bigger perspective for life and what it means to really follow your dreams and passions. I'd have to say that I had two performances that are my favorite,  Just a Dream, because I got to have alot of fun with it  and the other, well, I have four words, Justin Bieber is amazing!"

What does the future have in store for Drew Ryniewicz as an artist? Are you working on any new material?
 "I'm currently working on an album, been in the studio writing and recording like crazy!! I'm beyond stoked to share my music!"

A friend of mine is a huge fan of yours. I was wondering if you could give him a shout out? His name is Dylan and his Twitter username is @DTBMuzic. 
 "Hey Dylan, thanks for supporting me, your just dandy! woohoo @DTBMuzic!!!"

You are so young, yet already so accomplished. It's very obvious that this is just the beginning for you, but if you could accomplish one thing in your career, what would it be? What do you want your legacy as an artist to be?
 "I would love to be able to inspire people, not just by my music but my heart.  I want other people to see me as an artist from a small town, not giving up on being exactly who I am, and to not allow others, or any circumstance or surroundings make you feel you can't do what you love."

That was the last question. Again, thank you so much for speaking with us! Do you have any last thoughts or comments? 
“Thank you so much for interviewing me, I look forward to sharing my music and adventures soon!”

-Jay P-

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE HER VOICE SO MUCH

Kevin said...

I love drew so much. You are so lucky that you get to interview all these cool people. I mean she re tweeted you and tweeted your bro Dylan. How does that make you guys feel? I'd be screaming!

Jade said...

Loved it! :) great interview with a great artist. I love that she shouted out Dylan on Twitter too. She seems so nice an down to earth.

Anonymous said...

she is so inspiring. When she got voted off I felt so bad but Im glad that she is continuing with her singing

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet <3 so proud of you Drew

Deb said...

She's such an old soul. Her voice is beautiful and her inner beauty matches that. love this interview jay

Anonymous said...

Finally I read this interview.
I hope that you are going to be a good singer.

+ You are so special to me.

Anonymous said...

so glad to see this interview on the site. She is so great and I'm so glad you interviewed her

Steve said...

i liked her from day one. she does have a very unique voice. I hope she keeps it up and always follows her dreams because he is so nice and sweet and deserves to become very successful

Anonymous said...

you are super drew.... you will gp far. love your music... a chino valley fan

Alex Bolton said...

When is her album coming out? I love her. Great interview Jay Swag

Anonymous said...

she seems like the sweetest little thing! loved her on x factor and i love her now.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this interview. I am SOO happy that you interviewed her.

Anonymous said...

She really should be the winner of her season. Melanie was great but Drew sang with such uniqueness that you cant learn it

Megan said...

hahah shes so adorable. I love how she liked her duet with Justin. She was too cute

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until Drew put's her CD on market.
We support u in portugal Drew.

Alex