5/14/12

Jenna Sousa Interview


Jenna Sousa is this month's YouTube Artist of the Month! I recently got the chance to chat with the talented artist. Check out our interview below!

Hey Jenna! Thanks so much for speaking with Jay Swag Entertainment News. First, can you please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself?
“Awe thank you so much, It’s my pleasure! My name’s Jenna Sousa, and I’m a singer/songwriter! Music is my whole life and passion, and without it I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I sing ALL the time; my friends and family even know that something’s wrong with me if I’m not singing! Music’s how I express myself, and how I express how I feel. Without it I’d be lost. I hope that I’ll be able to share my love of music with others, and help them through difficult times as music helps me. I hope I can be a role model for others and to help them know that their dreams are always possible no matter what.”

 What made you want to start singing? When did you realize you had a true gift?
I’ve actually been singing ever since I was born. It was just a natural thing, and ever since I was born I’ve always loved music. My parents said I started humming songs before I started talking, and I even learned quicker if it was involved with music. I even wrote a song about my mom’s mashed potatoes when I was little, lol! At the age of 5, I sang in my first talent show and won the Kent County American Idol for my state. I continued to sing at many different venues, and of course in my bedroom! At 12, I was discovered on Youtube by Krayzie Bone from Bone Thugs and Harmony. He flew me out to California and signed me to his label. I have been working in California with many different producers and working at releasing my music soon!”

What is your daily life like? Do people notice you when you are out in public?
“My daily life is usually pretty busy! Out in California, a typical day would consist of waking up early and going to the studio. I’ve been recording a bunch of originals, which should hopefully be out soon! After working in the studio I do schoolwork, (unfortunately we all have to do school lol!), and I also have certain meetings here and there. Yes I’ve actually had a lot of people notice me in public, it’s crazy! I never ever thought that people could recognize me off of youtube! It’s even happened in a grocery store, lol! My first experience was when I was in a mall bathroom, and when I walked out, a group of young girls came up to me asking if I was Jenna Sousa and that they saw my videos. I signed a couple autographs for them, and it was just so amazing to see how people all over the world can hear my music. It’s such an incredible feeling, and I’m so blessed to have such amazing supporters!”

Who is your favorite singer at the moment?
“Oh no, that’s such a hard question lol! I love all artists, and I respect all of them in so many different ways. They’ve all worked so hard to get where they are and are all such inspirations to me. I listen to a bunch of different music ranging from all genres of music, and I love a lot of the songs that are on the radio. But I’d have to say that some of my favorite artists would have to be Beyonce, Rihanna, Jojo, Jason Derulo, Justin Bieber and a WHOLE lot more!”

 When you decide to release your first album, what would you like it to sound like? What style of music would it be?
Ahh I can’t wait to release an album, that’d be such a dream come true! I’ve been recording a bunch of different songs recently. I love singing all genres of music, but I’d have to say that my sound is very urban/pop/R&B. It’s probably a mix between Rihanna, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey and Beyonce all in one, with a  huge twist of Jenna of course! I love to be able to create music that  people can have fun too, and music that they can blast with their friends  at a sleepover or a dance. But at the same time, I also love to create very meaningful songs that people can relate too. If my music can help someone through a rough time, and to let them know that they’re not alone, then my huge goal is complete. I just hope to make music that people will enjoy!”

That was the last question. I just want to thank you again for speaking with us. Do you have any last thoughts or comments?
“Awe no problem at all, I’d just like to thank you for featuring me in your amazing blog! It really was such an honor, and I can’t thank you enough for featuring me as Youtube Artist of the month! It means the world, and I’m so blessed! (:”


-Jay P- 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is soo Jenna! We love you and waiting for your first concert!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of her! She has a great voice. I was wondering if you and her are friends now? I mean all you industry people seem to stick together lol. Just curious.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture too and i love her voice.She is amazing and very pretty!

BillBoardrecords said...

Wait until they hear your original music!It's on its way guys and she is going to make you proud!It's your time to shine Jenna Sousa!

Jade said...

Grrat interview :). I've been a fan of hers ever since you featured her. I can't wait to eat her originals.

Loraine Dixon said...

loved it! She's so young and talented. Her future is going to be great. Hopefully she remembers you ;) haha

Anonymous said...

What a nice interview! She seems like one of the most down to earth artists you've featured.

Anonymous said...

OMGOMG!!!! OMGOMG OMG JENNA I LUVV HER SO MUCH. CAN U TELL HER I SAID HI HER NEW COVER IS SO AMAZIN:)<3 LUV INTERVIEW