3/4/12

YouTube Artist of the Month - Nike Jemiyo



Surprise! I know it's been a few months since I've featured a YouTube artist, and many of you have been asking when I would bring back the YouTube Artist of the Month feature. I want to say that I was not ignoring you all, but I was having such a hard time finding a great artist to feature. I am so glad that I was finally able to find one. Her name is Nike Jemiyo, and she may just be one of my favorite singers I've seen on YouTube in quite sometime.

Check out her cover of Adele's "Someone Like You" above. Now, if you know anything about me, you know that I absolutely hate when people cover Adele, so for me to feature her based on this song is something special in and of itself. I absolutely love her tone! She has a beautiful voice and for once, I actually enjoyed a different version to Adele's smash hit. I love how she interpreted the song as well. I'm definitely going to try and set up an interview with her to run alongside this feature. Until then, be sure to subscribe to her channel!
-Jay P- 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

her voice >

Dana said...

im so with u on that fact that i hate people who cover adele but i really love her voice. she did a great job with this song. hope u interview her soon haha

Evan said...

She's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

You ALWAYS COMPLAIN on twitter when someone sings Adele. I can't believe you liked it. She is really good though. Interview soon?

Anonymous said...

i have been a fan of her videos for a while. have you heard her whitney houston song. i cant remember what it was but it was so good

LIJEA;WEAFJO said...

he voice at the end of the song is soo good.