3/6/12

The Voice Begins The Battle Rounds


I just got done catching up with The Voice so I felt the need to write a round up post. I thought the performances were decent, but two of them definitely stood out in my mind. 


The first stand out performance definitely belonged to Chris Mann and Monique Benabou. The two sang "The Power of Love" and slayed the song. I was very impressed by both vocalists, and at the end of the performance I had no idea who I would go with. Before the performance started, I was convinced that Chris Mann should be sent home just because he wouldn't be marketable, but he actually blew me away. Monique also proved that she had an amazing voice that would sell tons of records. Christina eventually chose Chris as her contestant, but I'm sure we will be hearing more from Monique in the near future.


My second, and last, favorite performance of the night had to go to Anthony Evans and Jesse Campbell, who belted out an amazing performance of Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You." From the start I was against both of them, just because I loved the song and I hate when other artists try to sing it. Then, I heard them both sing and again realized that we were hearing something special. Both of these singers had both a great tone and large range. If I were Christina I probably would not have been able to make the decision. Her final choice was Jesse Campbell. 

The other performances were just okay. None of them stood out in my mind, and I honestly couldn't tell you who sang, and what song they performed. At this rate, I'd be tremendously surprised if Christina Aguilera's team does not win The Voice this year.
-Jay P- 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED ALL FOUR OF THOSE SINGERS

Marleen said...

Amazing show absolutely love it. Very impressed with all of the singers

Samantha Ford said...

Jesse Campbell was sooooo SO sooo good. And I loved Chris Mann. such a unique voice.