3/26/12

Justin Bieber 'Boyfriend' Review


I just bought..that's right actually bought/paid for, my copy of Boyfriend by Justin Bieber just so I could write a review of it for you guys! Let me just say that the hype surrounding this song was ridiculous, and regardless of what I am about to say, I am sure that Justin Bieber has made more money off of this song than I've made in my entire life. Now, let's get to the review.

It's no surprise that I haven't been a "Justin Bieber hater," as you guys once called me, for a while now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that this song just doesn't cut it for me. When the beat started I thought that I was in for something good but I was quickly disappointed. The minute Justin Bieber started rapping I literally started cracking up. Before you start attacking me, because I know you well, I think Justin Bieber is a decent rapper. I've heard him rap before and I liked it, but this time it came off really awkward. I wanted to turn it off, but I decided to listen to the rest of song. 

Then he started singing, and I actually enjoyed it. If he had sang throughout the entire song I think that I would like the single, and I definitely wouldn't have mind listening to it. His voice has definitely changed, and it seems like he has more control over it. Also, I don't think his falsetto has ever sounded better. He was definitely channeling his inner Justin Timberlake, which is a good thing. 

Overall I was not impressed with the song and I have to give it a thumbs down. The rapping was somewhat scary and sounded like a child molester, but the singing was definitely decent. I would like to hear more from his album and I think I'll do a review of it when it's released. I'm interested in seeing where he goes with this one. Hopefully, but unlikely, I'll be able to do an interview with him to discuss it!
-Jay P- 


6 comments:

Kellie said...

lolll did we not learn about hating on bieber the first time around?

Jessica T said...

omggg i cant believe you called him a child molester!! thats so meannnn i love the song <33 justin <33

Anonymous said...

he sounds so much olderr lol i agree that it would be better without the rapping though. please don't go back to hating on him thoughh.

Anonymous said...

LOVEEE this song. You should totesss review his album :D

Carli said...

i lovee it ive been listening all day

Anonymous said...

GREAT SONG how can you dislike it