3/25/12

'The Hunger Games' Surpasses 'Twilight'


I didn't think it was possible, but according the sales it is very true! The Hunger Games raked in a whopping $155 million this weekend, making it the third top grossing film for an opening weekend. It surpassed the Twilight films and Spider Man 3, only to be topped by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and The Dark Knight. Also, The Hunger Games is off to a much greater start than any of the early Harry Potter films, and all of the Twilight films. A sequel is already being worked on, and is expected to be released in November 2013.

So, what did I think of the film? I went to the theaters (which I never do) just because everyone was talking about this movie and bought my ticket to The Hunger Games. As I watched the movie I couldn't help by think to myself "what is all the hype over?" Sure, it was a good movie, with an interesting plot, and decent acting, but I was expecting so much more. In my opinion, all of the advertising and press surrounding the film ruined it for me. I was expecting to see something life-changing, but I was slightly let down. Of course, it wasn't terrible and I would recommend seeing it, but it was just wasn't everything I thought it would be. I'd love to know what you thought about the movie. Comment below and let me know whether you agree with me, or if you think I'm crazy!
-Jay P- 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED THE MOVIE YOU MUST NOT HAVE UNDERSTOOD IT. MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR, BECAUSE AFTER THIS POST YOU MAY BE DONE

Brianna Lam said...

^^^^^

I saw the movie and I really loved it..but that comment was so dramatic and over the top! lol It's clearly his opinion and he's allowed to think whatever he wants. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree. I think it's one of the best movies I've seen in the last year or so.

Anonymous said...

WOW.......chill anonymous Communist.....freedom of speech no longer a right???? Jay clearly said it was his opinion and asked for others to give theirs.