2/7/12

The Voice Season 2


Season 2 of The Voice premiered on Sunday, and was followed by a second episode last night. I didn't want to post until both episodes had passed, but after watching both episodes I have good reviews!

The season opened with a little demonstration on how everything works, and a few hopefuls were showed singing for a chance to be featured on one of the four superstar's teams. Then the real auditions began. From the first singer it was evident that the talent level had improved tremendously from last year. All of the singers that tried out were actually very good, and the talent was clearly in the same caliber as American Idol and X Factor. On the second night the coaches performed a few Prince hits, and I thought they did reasonably well also. So, who was my favorite performance of the night?



That's right! Lindsey Pavao was the artist who stuck out the most in my mind. I loved her interpretation of "Say Aah" so much that I'm actually going to download it and put it on my phone. There was a hint of Amy Winehouse in her voice, which I also loved. I can't wait to hear more from her, and I hope that her coaches don't try to change her. Be sure to watch The Voice Monday's on NBC. 
-Jay P- 

4 comments:

Sofie V said...

Everyone was like sososo good. I reallly liked that girl that sang the like rocker song hmm idk her name she nd like that jean jacket. Idk but she was so good :)

Anonymous said...

She was da bomb! Loved her cover of say ahh. Hoping she goes real far in this competition.

Jon said...

I liked Juliet Simms too but she's kind of famous already. Did ALL break up?

Anonymous said...

Totes agree. EVERYONE is soo much better this year. It should be a really good show. I love the chemistry between the judges so much more than any other show.