2/11/12

R.I.P. Whitney Houston


I've been sitting here trying to string words together but I honestly can't even comprehend what has happened. The world has lost a true legend. "The Voice" Whitney Houston has passed away at the age of 48. There is really no information on when, or where, but it has been confirmed by her reps.

I do not usually get sad when a celebrity dies, but Whitney Houston has always been one of my favorite singers of all time. Her tone was the purest of any artists in the world, and her voice was just amazing. She will be remembered as one of the most successful female artists of all time. Twitter is over flooding with tweets regarding the pop superstar and many celebrities have shared their thoughts and memories of the songstress. 

Again, I am deeply saddened with the news of the passing of Whitney Houston. There will never be another voice like hers. I really hope the Grammy's pulls together some sort of tribute for her. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. Rest in peace Whitney Houston, one of my favorite singers of all time.
-Jay P- 

*Update* Whitney was found in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California. She was pronounced dead at 3:55pm LA time. She was with an entourage. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I was growing up my mom would always play her songs. i grew up listening to whitney everyday. she was the soundtrack for my younger years, and for many people. she was one of the most talented vocalists in the world. she didn't have to TRY to sing. she didnt have to use autotune. she didnt have to have background dancers and fire and a huge show. all she need was her voice. Thank you whitney for being an inspiration to so many.

Anonymous said...

whitney was the greatsts pop star to ever grace the stage. no one will be better. my heart aches </3. Its sad that her voice has'nt been as good as we all remember but all i have to do is listen to her old music. the greatest love of all is def in my top 10 fav songs

Sam said...

oh noo :( why are all of the greats passing. RestInPeace to the lovely Whitney

Rachel Heaney said...

my mom is crying. ); she was great. i'll be praying for her and her family

Anonymous said...

i feel so bad for her daughter :(.

Jade said...

thank you for following the story for us! this is really sad :( i knew she was one of your favorites. I remember you tweeting about all of her songs and listening to greatest love of all on the radio or something like that. RIP

Nathan said...

not ashamed to admit that she was the best and one of my favorites of all time. everyone hating on her needs to stop and be respectful.

Anonymous said...

click the link to see the best rendition of the nathonal anthem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmdu_I_0zI

Anonymous said...

She was a true master at what she did. Devastating to her go.

Hope said...

As a NJ native it's even sadder. She was the greatest artist to come from this state :( its so sad. Praying for her and the family. I think it's confirmed jhud is doing the tribute too.