2/14/12

Nicki Minaj Starships


Nicki Minaj recently released her new single "Starships," and it's sound is much different from her last single "Stupid Hoe." The song is very upbeat and pop-ish. The song would be categorized under her "Crossover" style of music that she's been doing recently. Although I'm not really a fan of the song, I think it's better than her past few songs/features. 



That being said, I really do miss the old Nicki. I wish she would do some more songs like "Itty Bitty Piggy," "I Get Crazy," "Autobiography," etc. I even preferred Nicki when she did "Lil Freak" with Usher and "My Chick Bad" with Ludacris. I'm sure she won't be reverting back to that Nicki for a while, if ever at all, but I still really miss that side of her. Of course I'll support her no matter what she does, but I know that she's so much better than some of the stuff she's been releasing recently.
-Jay P-

4 comments:

Carrie Foster said...

Idont really ever listen to old nick Minaj so I wouldn't know if she changed but I love her now! I like the pop music and the sound she has. It reminds me of Gaga mixed with Katy

Anonymous said...

^^^clearly dey ain't real nicki fans. I kno where yu comin from doe. Dis nicki ain't got nuttn on da 1 wif da bamboos and da dope ass rhymes. She be soft now. Ain't rite

Anonymous said...

That second picture of nicki >

Carley said...

i like the new nicki!