2/8/12

Karl Lagerfeld Disses Adele...Then Apologizes


This morning I was reading that the ingenious Karl Lagerfeld had said that he felt that Adele was "too fat." Of course, I had to do some research. Apparently the German designer said, "I prefer Adele and Florence Welch... The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice." All of this was said in reference to his opinion on Lana del Rey. 

Now, Chanel's creative director is responding to his comment and saying that it was taken out of context. He says, "I'd like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer. Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought."

In my opinion, whether it's in context or not, Lagerfeld called Adele "fat." Even though he apologized, I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I find it pretty disrespectful that he would even bring up Adele's size at all. Who cares? Adele is arguable one of the most talented artists in the industry at the moment, and she has even voiced her opinion on appearance in the music business many times. What do you think about the whole situation? Am I just over reacting or are you just as annoyed as I am by his ignorant comments?
-Jay P- 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He thinks that just because he's some world renowned designer he can do whatever he wants. Adele IS beautiful and he has no right to say any different.

Anonymous said...

Idk guys I mean. I'm sure you know how easy it can be for things to be taken out of context. Maybe he really didn't mean it.

Haley said...

Im not exactly small and if anyone ever said I was too fat is get offended very easily. This comment is still rude no matter what context it's used in.