2/15/12

'Glee' Covers Whitney Houston



Last night's episode of Glee featured a great performance by Amber Riley, who plays Mercedes on the show. The singer/actress belted out an amazing rendition of Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." that rivaled Jennifer Hudson's tribute at the Grammys. When I first head that she was singing the song I assumed it was because of Whitney's passing, however I later found out that it was just a coincidence. That's right! Amber Riley was scheduled to sing that song even before the news of Whitney's death went public. The episode featured the "greatest love songs," which explains why "I Will Always Love You," was featured. I've always said how talented Amber was, and this performance just reaffirms that. I would love to interview her sometime soon. Until then, check out her performance above and let me know what you think.
-Jay P- 

5 comments:

Kay said...

WOW she should have done it instead of Jennifer Hudson. that was so beautiful

Anonymous said...

AMAZING AMAZING

Anonymous said...

this was so nice. its so ironic but such a nice tribute and good idea <3 RIP Whitney

Anonymous said...

Shes always been my favorite on the show. She seems really really nice and stuff and I love her voice. I want her to make an album :)

Jade said...

she's really good. you should definitely interview her :)