2/29/12

American Idol Recap: Top 13 Guys Perform


I just got done catching up on American Idol and I must say that I was a little disappointed with the overall show last night. I felt like there were not many guys that stood out, and only a few of them actually kept me entertained. I'll just write about my top three because as far as I'm concerned, the others can be sent home right now. 

First off, I want to talk about Joshua Ledet who sang "You Pulled Me Through." This guy has an insane range and such a raw tone to his voice. I thoroughly enjoyed his whole performance. I liked the emotion that he put into the song. I definitely hope he makes it further in the competition. 


My second favorite performance was probably Phillip Phillips. I wasn't a fan of his auditions or earlier performances, but last night he proved that he deserved to be in the competition. I actually am beginning to like his tone and I think he did a great job with the song. Despite him looking crazy the whole time he sings, I predict that he will make it pretty far on Idol this year.


Lastly, my third favorite performance of the night was Jermaine Jones' performance of "Dance With My Father."  I really felt like Idol should have brought back Johnny Keyser, but I thought Jermaine Jones did a great job with his song choice last night. His deep tone definitely added to his performance. I don't really believe that he has a voice that would sell records today, but based strictly on vocals, he did pretty well last night. I'd be surprised if he stays around for much longer, but he definitely deserves to stick around for at least another week. 

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know who your favorite singer of the night was. Also,  be sure to tune into American Idol tonight to support the top 12 girls! Let's go Jessica Sanchez!
-Jay P-



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PHILLIPS PHILLIPS HIS NAME IS SO FAMOUS TOO HEHE

Anonymous said...

I see you are a big Jessica Sanchez supporter. She is very good!

Leo said...

I thought phillip was seriously the best. in a league of his own

BreeBreeMarie said...

I didnt like anyone really :/ i thought all the boys were just okay singers. no one appealed to me. hopefully the girls will do better or I wont be watching for much longer this season