2/13/12

Adele Steals The Show At The Grammys




I was going to write my general review of the Grammys, but lets be honest, Adele completely stole the show! From looking stunning on the red carpet, to delivering an amazing comeback performance, the whole show centered around this amazing artist. I have said it before and I'll say it again; Adele is one of the greatest artists of my generation. Check out her amazing performance of "Rolling in the Deep," above.

Adele also won a total of six Grammy Awards! She won the awards for "Best Short Form Music Video," "Song of the Year," "Best Pop Solo Vocal Performance," "Best Pop Vocal Album," "Record of the Year," and the most prestigious award, "Album of the Year." Adele won (and deserved) every Grammy that she was nominated for this year. 





As much as I would love to go on and on about Adele, there were some more notable moments. I was really impressed with Maroon 5 and Foster the People! I knew Adam Levine was a good singer but I actually had no idea that the leader singer of Foster the People was actually talented. This was definitely one of my favorite performances of the night.



I also loved Kelly Clarkson's duet with Jason Aldean! They sounded great together and Kelly Clarkson shined as always. I feel like everyone loves Kelly, but no one really appreciates her. Let me explain. Kelly Clarkson is extremely popular, but what people don't seem to recognize is that she has amazing vocal ability. Her voice is so good and I wish more people started to realize how talented of a singer she really is.


Lastly, I couldn't end my annual Grammy post without mentioning Jennifer Hudson's incredible tribute to the great Whitney Houston. Without a doubt, this was one of my favorite performances of the night. As soon as Jennifer Hudson was seen on stage the whole tone of the Grammys changed. Everyone got quiet, and Jennifer Hudson began a performance that will surely never be forgotten. You could tell that she was on the verge of tears, but she fought them back to deliver a stirring performance of "I Will Always Love You." It's not that she sang it just as great as Whitney, but it was the emotion that you felt behind the song that made the performance so great. It was such a nice performance and I'm glad that Jennifer Hudson had the honor of singing the song for all of us.


Overall The Grammys were decent this year. There was some ups and downs but Adele and Jennifer Hudson saved the whole show in my opinion. I'm not really sure what Nicki Minaj was thinking last night. If you follow me on Twitter then you know I'm one of her biggest fans, but lately I feel like she's been losing her self to the industry. I wish she would just stop and see that her day one fans would much rather her go back to her old days. I think this picture above pretty much sums up the rest of the performances, at least for me. 
-Jay P- 

5 comments:

Jon said...

so glad bon iver and adele won. they're my two favorite nominees. REAL artists

Anonymous said...

Jennifers performance made me tear up actually. such a nice tribute. i think the grammsy were very good. better than the previous years

Becky Reid said...

lmao i love how you end the article. #SoTrue Adele was amazing though completely agree with you there. and also with jennifer hud. what a nice tribute

Karina Lopezl said...

Nicki need to stop doing this crazy shit and go back to the real nicki. The five star chick nicki. She be soo over the top for no reason. Smh

Anonymous said...

They should call em the Adele Awards from now on.