1/31/12

X Factor Shakeup !


Just when you thought everything was going perfectly with the US version of The X Factor, everything gets shaken up! Simon Cowell has confirmed that Nicole Scherzinger, Paula Abdul, and host Steve Jones, will not be returning for the second season of the hit show. I think it's a little too early for the show to have such a major change. 

Steve Jones announced on his Twitter that he would not be hosting the show's second season by releasing this brief statement: "I won't be hosting next seasons X Factor which is a shame but I can't complain as I've had a great time." As much as I said I didn't like Jones hosting the show, I thought he got a lot better and I actually would not have minded if he stayed for one more season.

Abdul broke her silence about the departure and also released a statement. Part of it read, "Yes, it's true; I won't be returning to The X Factor next season...I want nothing more than for The X Factor to exceed all of their wildest dreams. This truly has been a blessing and I am most grateful." She goes on to mention that her and Simon will remain friends and that the decision is nothing personal.

Simon Cowell also released a message thanking Paula, Steve, and Nicole for their help in making the first season of The X Factor such a huge success. He goes onto wish all three of them more success in the future, and says that he and Paula may be working on another project sometime soon. I'm not really sure how I feel about all of this change, but I loved the first season of the show and I hope that the second season is just as successful. I'll definitely be following this story and letting you know once new judges and a host, are confirmed.
-Jay P-


5 comments:

Torrie said...

i hate this show now that steve jones is leaving.

Anonymous said...

I like the show with or without them. I love Simon!

Mina said...

WISHING ALL OF THEM A GREAT FUTURE. I KNOW THE SHOW WILL BE GREAT STILL BUT IT WILL ALSO BE SAD. I HOPE ALL OF THEM ARE STILL GOING TO BE GREAT FRIENDS

Jade said...

Will you be vlogging any time soon? It's been so long.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom (: