1/20/12

RIP Etta James


I am sad to report that after years of fighting a battle with leukemia, the iconic Etta James as passed away. The news broke this morning and since then celebrities have been pouring in tons of support. Beyonce, who played Etta James in Cadillac Records, released this statement on her website:

"This is a huge loss. Etta James was one of the greatest vocalists of our time. I am so fortunate to have met such a queen. Her musical contributions will last a life time. Playing Etta James taught me so much about myself, and singing her music inspired me to be a stronger artist. When she effortlessly opened her mouth, you could hear her pain and triumph. Her deeply emotional way of delivering a song told her story with no filter. She was fearless and had guts. She will be missed."

Rihanna, Kelly Rowland, Alyssa Milano, and many other celebrities have all taken to Twitter releasing short statements as well. Rihanna tweeted, "#DearEtta may you rest in peace." It's so sad when someone so talented passes away. Her music will last forever and I hope she will continue to inspire countless performers. Rest in peace Etta James, you will truly be missed.
-Jay P- 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel Crow's last performance of Id Rather Go Blind is such a great tribute. ; ( im so sad

Anonymous said...

omg this is so devastating

Rita said...

RIP To the matriarch of R&B . i was lucky enough to see her in personn. something ill never forget

Johnson Brig said...

Ettas songs changed my life. i will truly miss her. what a beautiful soul she had. no one will ever compare

Lily said...

She was abuse inspiration to me. I sang her song a my school talent show and places first. I luvd her music and it's so sad to hear she passed

Anonymous said...

music died

Anonymous said...

little by little the world is losing the only REAL ARTISTS that it had left </3 RIP Etta.