1/19/12

American Idol Season 11


Season 11 of American Idol started last night (and it's currently on right now). I love American Idol, but I definitely feel like the talent isn't as raw and natural as it used to be. There's so many more screenings and everything is more dramatic than the other shows. That being said, American Idol always seems to have the best voices. The show started off an a good note with a senior in high school who looked like he was 12. I thought he was way too cocky and I was tweeting how much he annoyed me, but than he sang and he became one of my favorites of the night. He didn't have the best voice but his tone was really unique and reminiscent of a young Michael Jackson. 

There were so many talented singers. The daughter of the baseball player that sang Etta James had a great voice. She was also one of my favorites and I can see her going pretty far in the competition if she keeps singing like that. Then, there was a girl that sang an Alicia Keys song...but she had a sob story so that made me not like her as much. I feel bad to some extent, but if you can sing, don't use a story for sympathy votes. Other than that the show went pretty well. 

Oh yeah...I'm sure everyone will hate me for this but I actually hated the last guy. I didn't like his style, I thought he was weird, and he sang two songs that shouldn't be covered. All that together made me literally glare at my TV with a look of disgusts on my face. I hope he doesn't go far. I think he's overrated and just an average singer. So many people were better than him. Go ahead, start ranting at me if you'd like. 
-Jay P-  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oMG did u just see THATt BLonde GIrl

Anonymous said...

I HATED THE GUY LAST NIGHT TOO I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

Karla said...

that blonde chick that just sang was amazing

JSWIAKS CHDKAIWJS said...

Glad the shows back. For some reason the singers are so much better on this show than on any other.