12/9/11

Rachel Crow X Factor Elimination


As much as I don't want to blog about this, I almost feel obligated to do so. Last night, America had to say goodbye to X Factor favorite, Rachel Crow. Rachel was sent to the bottom two and forced to perform against Marcus Canty, who has been in the bottom for three weeks now. Marcus sang first and did a good job with "I'm Goin' Down." Rachel performed "I'd Rather Go Blind" and completely blew Marcus out of the water. Her performance was the best I've ever heard her! I could feel every word she sang, and she clearly out-sang Marcus. 

When it came time to vote, LA Reid voted to send Rachel home, Simon voted to send Marucs home, and Paula voted to send Marcus home. This left the deciding vote to Nicole Scherzinger. She began to break down and said that she couldn't make the decision so she voted to send Rachel home just to go to deadlock. Then, the biggest shock of the season happened. Host Steve Jones revealed that America had voted to send Rachel Crow home! Rachel broke down and the show pretty much went crazy. Nicole began to break down, Simon ran on stage, Rachel cried out for her mother; it was actually really sad to watch. When they asked  Nicole if she had anything to say the crowd immediately booed her and she turned around and walked away crying.

At first I was furious with Nicole Scherzinger, and I'm still disappointed that she couldn't make the decision herself, but now I realized that America should have voted for Rachel if they wanted her to stay. At the same time, if the judges aren't going to judge the acts and take into consideration their survival song, than don't make them sing for survival. If Nicole followed her heart, and voted based on the performances, I truly believe she would have sent Marcus home. I know that this is not the end for Rachel Crow and I wish her the best in the future. I would love to interview her sometime soon!
-Jay P- 

6 comments:

Crystal Smith said...

Im sorry she got kicked out. She was one of the best. Marcus was in there THREE times for a reason he should have went home a long time ago.

Anonymous said...

so unfair. she KILLED marcus in the performance. she sang the best she ever sang before

Anonymous said...

everyone needs to stop beign rude to Nicole. THEY SHOULD HAVE VOTED IF THEY WANTED RACHEL TO STAY. nicole couldn't figure it out so SHE LET AMERICA DECIDE. america didn't want rachel. nicole did. stop being mean to her

Anonymous said...

Your tweets last night were extremely childish and ignorant...Nicole is not the reason that Rachel went home...she lost fair and square. Numbers dont lie.

Jade said...

i think your tweets were fine! they got lot of attention and were controversial...thats why everyone is against you right now

MelanieAmaroFan said...

Heres my take... I was mad at first. But then I realized..Melanie is goin to win anyway do who cares who goes home and when they do. No one comes close to Melanie.