12/7/11

Album Review - Lioness: Hidden Treasures


Producers Salaam Remi and Mark Ronson have come together to release, what is being described as a "12 track collection featuring unreleased gems, covers and alternate versions of existing songs." The two producers worked closely with Amy's family, management and record label to create what is, in my opinion, a must have album. Before I began listening to the album I was a little apprehensive as to what I was going to hear. Many posthumous albums just don't seem "complete" to me, but this album was quite different. From the very first song I was intrigued. It was as if the only thing that mattered was Amy's voice, and the story she was telling. That's the thing that I love about Amy Winehouse's music; it tells a story. Music is meant to be felt, not just heard, and Amy does a great job with enabling the listener to feel every single word she sings. To be completely honest, there isn't one bad song on the whole CD. My favorite's, however, would have to be "Our Day Will Come," and "Half Time." All in all this is a beautiful tribute to Amy, and it shows her true talent. Artists like Amy Winehouse only come around once every so often, but when they do their impact is massive. All of the proceeds are being donated to The Amy Winehouse Foundation, which was set up in memory of the late singer, to help change the lives of today's young people. I urge you all to buy this great album, and help with a great cause in the process. Thank you for your music Amy. May you rest in peace.
-Jay P- 

7 comments:

Henry Fletcher said...

her album is beautiful. it left me without words. this is a great review :)

Anonymous said...

i hvnt chckd out the album but i like that song tht she has with nas.

Anonymous said...

aw i loved this review. it was so sincere! <3 love you and the blog of coursee. I'll definitely go buy a copy of the album

Claduia said...

When will this be available in all the countires

Jade said...

I have to buy this SO soon.

Anonymous said...

aww this is really nice. i love amy and always have. this is a great addition to my collection and im glad that i can help out people just by supporting one of my favorite artists. R.I.P you beautiful talented soul.

Anonymous said...

"Artists like Amy Winehouse only come around once every so often, but when they do their impact is massive."

That is so true.