11/21/11

2011 American Music Awards




What can I say about the American Music Awards. Usually I don't find myself watching an award show the whole way through unless it's the Grammy's or some other high profile event. Other than that, I will record the show and fast forward to the performances on the following day. However, I actually watched most of the American Music Awards. The bad news is that it wasn't necessarily for the show itself, but it was due to Twitter! I love tweeting and reading your responses to what's going on. My favorite performance was probably Chris Brown. When he's not trying to fly around...literally...he's actually a good performer. I thought he sang well and I didn't mind the dancing bit at the end. 


Now, this is going to be hard for me to admit because you all know how much I love Nicki Minaj, but it must be said. Nicki...I have been a fan since day one. I've listened since the Come Up. I love "Itty Bitty Piggy," "I Get Crazy," and a bunch of your other older songs. I feel like we're almost losing you. Does anyone else feel like that? Don't get me wrong, it's still all love for Nicki, but I just wish she would do some more music for her day one fans. I understand that in order to stay relevant she has to do pop music, but I felt like last night's performance was almost from a different artist. 


I loved Katy Perry's performance! I think the song is great and she actually sounded really nice. I thought the acoustic version was also a nice touch. My only problem was this; If you're going to perform a serious song and make it really touching...please look like a human. Why did she feel the need to look like Judy Jetson mixed with Jigglypuff. 


Justin...what are you wearing? I've come a long way from my earlier days when I used to bash Justin Bieber for every single thing he did. I actually don't mind him or his music anymore, but last night was just terrible. He sounded flat for most of his performance and it was just awkward to me. I also want to know why every artist feels the need to dress like they're from out of space when they perform. It's not cool on everybody...actually it's only cool on Gaga. 


Oh yeah. Adam Levine sang...or at least tried to. He's usually such a good singer so I'd really love to know why he was so bad last night. 

That's really my round up guys! Everything was either irrelevant or just didn't interest me. Again, thanks for tweeting along with me last night, and for putting up with me as I ranted! I can't wait to attend one of these shows some day. I feel like I'll be tweeting the whole night.
-Jay P- 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

chris breezy was amazingg. hes gonna marry me <3 i have to disagree. I like nicki a lot more now. Justin was cute though dont be a hater again

Anonymous said...

wow i never thought you would diss Nicki like that. I thought you were a huge fan

Jenna Grace said...

performance of the night goes tooooooo



MARY J


lmaoo im just kidding.

john panichella said...

I didn't really diss Nicki Minaj. I love her and her music and will always support her. I'm so happy for her and all of her achievements, however, being a fan from day one, I've seen so many changes in Nicki and I just wish that she would go back to her old ways sometimes. She's still extremely talented and I will support her no matter what. Thanks for your comment and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Sammi said...

When Adam started singing I changed the channel. He sounded so bad last night.

Anonymous said...

chris brown had best performance ever. j bieber was cute though dont lie! i thought he sounded nice

Anonymous said...

i was DYING at your tweets. you had me rolling. lol you are tooo funny

Natalie said...

Chris brown is fineeee. im gonna marry him some day.