10/3/11

Misha Bryan - X Factor UK


So I know that I've been blogging about The X Factor a lot recently, but I just can't help it. I've always watched the UK performances and auditions online and now that there is a US version I get to see both. I've been keeping track of the UK version and have become obsessed with Misha Bryan. Misha is a 19-year-old student who auditions with her own version of "Respect" by Aretha Franklin. She began singing the song with great vocals, and she had that unique tone needed to pull it off. Then, she did her own thing with a rap and I absolutely loved it. Her next audition was "Survivor" by Destiny's Child. It's always tough singing a song infront of the performing artist (Kelly Rowland is a judge in the UK), but Misha did great. Most recently, Misha performed "Fly" by Nicki Minaj and Rihanna. Now, you all know that I am obsessed with Nicki and "Fly" is one of my favorite songs off of Pink Friday, so I was a little weary when I heard she picked that song...I actually like her version at least as just as much as the original, if not better. Look up Misha Bryan when you get a chance. I wish she was in the US version!
-Jay P- 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you said you liked someoness Fly as much as Nicki's...thats abnormal for you

Anonymous said...

I love her voice and her rapping is good too. that's rare

Anonymous said...

Saw her the other day. She's amazing!

Kristin said...

ever since she performed respect i fell in love with her

Mike said...

She got swagg. I like her a lot.

Anonymous said...

I hate her...