7/10/10

Welcome to the Team

After searching and searching, I've finally found a fashion blogger for Jay Swag Entertainment News. I want to welcome Malibu Mara to the team. She'll be posting twice a month giving all her fashion tips and maybe even talking with some up and coming designers! I did a quick little Q&A with her to introduce her. Here it is!

Hey! Can you please introduce yourself to our readers and tell us a little bit about yourself.
Well, I'm MalibuMara, a fashion blogger from www.malibumara.blogspot.com and fashion student from Houston, Texas. Im 20 and just living a fashionable life ready to make a name for myself.

What are some current trends in the fashion industry that you've noticed and haven taken a liking to?
I love mixing florals with edgy studs. The industry was so inspired by menswear, it is finally nice to see Flower prints and body conscious styles. I love dresses lately, the one shoulder dresses are a great trend that I think looks so fun and flirty. I love fringe purses and already invested in a fringe purse. Cerulean polish is very in this season and I cannot find it myself anywhere. Everyone else has luck me moi, but its my goal to find it!


What's one interesting fact about you that many people may not know?
Um.. Im originally from the Philippines. I was born there, and YES I am half black and Filipino haha.


Describe your personal style and how it differs from others.
My style is very sporadic and in one word, COMFORTABLE. I love accessories and LAYERS, for a while I liked to take basic items and dress them with different types of accessories but lately I have been into prints and mixing different textures to create looks. Even though I am in a fashion program, my peers aren't very style conscious, so I stick out like a sore thumb on most days. (this applies to the fall semester, the spring semester is so cold we're all bundled up because us Texans can't take 30 degree weather ! ) I like to look put together, I don't look like i just woke up and came to class. I don't have "off days."
-Jay P-

7 comments:

trendsetter said...

iLove her blog. im sure she'll be g00d for ur blog too!

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

i love malibu mara, her blog is amazing!GREAT POST!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

shes prettyy !

Jordan T. Dilwood said...

Dope post Can't wait i like your blog im following please follow back.
lifeofjdilwood.blogspot.com

Jay said...

Keep up the good work! Love your blog.

The Futuristic Gentleman said...

i love mara. she always speaks the truth!! lol. congrats

Anonymous said...

she is so amazing!