5/20/10

Miley's Jewelry is Toxic

Miley's brand of jewelry will be pulled from all Walmart shelves! A recent report on the jewelry has found that the pieces in her collection contain high levels of a toxic metal called cadmium. The Associated Press conducted the report and has also stated that the jewelry is not toxic if simply worn, however if the jewelry is either swallowed, bitten, or even sucked, cadmium can enter the bloodstream. Long-term effects of cadmium can be bone softening, kidney failure and more. While the jewelry was designed for an older audience, Walmart has decided to pull the pieces off their shelves due to the fact that little kids may still get their hands on the jewelry. Walmart also says that this many not be permanent and they are just keeping Miley's brand off the shelves while they investigate their children's jewelry standard.
-Jay P-

No comments: