11/5/08

History Has Been Made

On November 4th of 2008
There was no campaigning, no debate
Only elections took place on that day
Republican or Democrat? No one could say
The people went to the polls and voted one time
Obama, McCain, the names rang in their mind
The votes kept coming and results did too
Eyes glued to the tv screen, to watch the news
History was made when Obama won the race 
America united and chose him, despite the color of his face
Martin Luther King Jr, went to the mountain top and saw the promise land
And on the other side he saw a strong leader, a powerful man
This man was Obama, but at the time it did seem strange
But in 2008 an African American won, Obama will bring change

I thought I would share a little poem with you that I wrote about elections last night. I hope you like it, and I understand that not all of you support Obama and that is okay. We are all entitled to our own opinions.  Either way I hope our Country can unite and see that Obama may be able to bring the change that this Country needs.
--Jay P--








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg great poem
i love the rhymes

WOAHHH GO OBAMA

Anonymous said...

yess go OBAMA!!! WHOOOO! I VOTED FOR HIM ;)